Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wisdom House

Wisdom House
January 24
Proverbs 24:3-4
By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

I’ve built houses based on my own good
single-handedly I’ve made a self-righteous neighborhood
looking great to others but inside dead
manifested by actions and not what I said

I’ve built houses of guilt and shame
sad shacks stacked with personal blame
feeling bad for the righteousness gone
but wallowing in self-pity still not moving on

All the houses I’ve built have never stood
whether guilt based or my own supposed good
the wind and rain destroyed my stand
just a foolish boy crying on the sand

But God let this house be wisdom built
let it not be based on my good or my guilt
let the winds and rain come and knock
and let them find that this wisdom house was built on the rock

No comments: