Saturday, January 20, 2007

Just Doesn't Work

Just Doesn’t Work
January 20
Proverbs 20:1
Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise.


I can understand if you’ve ever felt so bad
that you had a beer with breakfast just so you wouldn’t go mad
I can understand waking up and feeling so low
that you needed to be medicated just so you could go
Your feet hit the floor and before you even begin
the day hits you square in the face and reality sets in
Hopelessness seizes you by the throat
and you know there’s no way you can stay afloat
So you reach for the only thing that puts things in perspective
and for a few minutes you have a peaceful directive

I don’t speak as one who shares this affliction
all the same I still know addiction
And whether mental chemical or however you attack
your troubles can’t be buried they’ll always come back
just telling the truth even if I’m a jerk
Cause peace through alcohol just doesn’t work

No comments: