Sunday, January 7, 2007

Tablet of Your Heart

Tablet of Your Heart
January 7
Proverbs 7:1-3
My son, keep my words and treasure my commandments within you. Keep my commandments and live, and my teaching as the apple of your eye. Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.

My son if you want to live then abide by this measure
let my commands be your treasure
keep my words ever nigh
and my teachings as the apple of your eye

Memorize metabolize and put them in motion
may they be your foundation in the midst of commotion
let them inform your sense of control
may they sink into the depths of your soul

Let them be jewelry to adorn your hand
fine rings of gold precious in this land
let it be said of all who know you
that my words in your heart are true

May they be as close as a friend
to walk you to your journey’s end
may they be with you now as you start
may they be written on the tablet of you heart

No comments: