Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Commit These Works

Commit These Works
January 16
Proverbs 16:3
Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established.

If I’m honest with myself then this truth I can’t ignore
I don’t think I’ve ever done this before
‘cause if I had then these words would flow more free
but as it is this poem threatened to get the best of me
all the ones previous to this found easy ways to rhyme
but this one was much harder and took a longer time
I have to throw up my arms and admit that I just don’t know
and any words I could manufacture would be just for show
so the best thing to do rather than lie
is just to buckle down and give it a try
I’m tired of being shaken and swayed
of starting over and being delayed
in the past all my works have been committed to me
but if I’m to be established then this cannot be
it is Your glory I want to have in view
so breaking free from the past I commit these works to you

No comments: