Saturday, January 27, 2007

Future Boast

Future Boast
January 27
Proverbs 27:1
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.

A moment is all it takes for a future’s redefinition
‘cause all that you anticipate may never reach fruition
as you raise your glass to a future toast
put your glass back down for the future leaves
no room to boast

I’ve made plans and set the course my way
but I’ve seen such dreams wake up in one day
reality redefines how I thought I’d go
so now I try not to boast about tomorrow

One day at a time is just fine for me
I’m a man and I can’t tell one thing eternally
I leave that to the One who gives me all I got
and I know He’s watching over right here on this spot

This is made by Him this is His day
with my feet on the rock this is where I stay
I don’t know what will be I don’t worry what was
I don’t know what the future holds but I know Who does

No comments: