Monday, January 22, 2007

The Best Thing

The Best Thing
January 22
Proverbs 22:1
A good name is to be more desired than great wealth, favor is better than silver and gold.

I could buy corporations and capitols islands and nations
even the whole earth
but if I had all this and had a bad reputation then what is the price of a good names worth?
if I had an empire under me with endless men to direct
what would it be worth if I didn’t command an ounce of respect?

Have you ever been part of a big celebration?
but there was someone with whom you had a bad reputation
what would you give for that person to go away?
just so things would be so you could enjoy you day

A good name is the best thing you could ever ask for
for people to tip their hats and shake your hand
when they see you at the store
what a blessing what a good thing that would be
to have the respect of any man that you happen to see

That’s what I want though with some I never will
for I’ve permanently tarnished my reputation by all my committed ill
but from this moment may I seek to be honorable
not just for an outward show
and may men shake my hand with no reservation
and show me respect wherever I go

No comments: