Sunday, January 28, 2007

Nothing to Fear

Nothing to Fear
January 28
Proverbs 28:1
The wicked flee when no one is pursuing;
but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

When I am a coward and engaged in sin
when I am in a place I never should’ve been
when I am the villain with evil intent
when I am the perpetrator with a wicked bent
when I am the murderer plunging the knife
when I am the abductor stealing away life
when in the dead of night with no one near
then I have nothing but everything to fear

When I am the conqueror overcoming sin
when I am in the place I always should’ve been
when I am the hero with righteous intent
when I am the warrior with a holy bent
when I am the martyr receiving the knife
when I am the defender vindicating life
when in the dead of night with no one near
then I have everything but nothing to fear
with peace and love to Brett Emerson

1 comment:

Kirsten Alana said...

Thanks for the comment on my page friend. How is Leah doing??

Likewise, you've posted good words too. Can't get any better than the Good Book though.

Hope all is well for you and your family. Gosh I miss seeing you guys!