Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Desire

Desire
January 2
Proverbs 2:3-5
For if you cry for discernment, lift your voice for understanding; if you seek her as silver and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will discern the fear of the Lord and discover the knowledge of God.

I want to discover the knowledge of God and discern the fear of the Lord
and my steps to be as His steps pleasing across the board
I want to know that I am pleasing to Him, yes, everyday
I want to give it all that I have and seek none of it halfway

Let it be said of me that not drugs sex or rock n roll
but rather discernment was the cry of my soul
let me be remembered not for materialistic demanding
but in the midst of a confused world I raised my voice for understanding

As men seek silver so let me seek to be wise
as men seek hidden treasure let understanding be my prize
knowledge wisdom and understanding will be my prize forever unsold
they will be my diamonds set in frames of gold

All for the sake of what I wish to uncover
all for the purpose of what I’m trying to discover
these are the things for which I yearn
for the fear of the Lord is what I want to discern

No comments: