Thursday, February 1, 2007

Hat and Necklace

Hat and Necklace
February 1
Proverbs 1:8-9
Hear, my son, your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. Indeed, they are a graceful wreath to your head and ornaments about your neck.

I love my hat I wear it everyday.
it dictates where I go what I do and what I say
I wear it as an indicator of my identity
and as a reminder of who I’m supposed to be
most people don’t get it most don’t understand
some resort to ridicule in this wicked land
but I keep my hat on amidst mayhem and destruction
I love the hat of my father’s instruction

I love my necklace it never leaves my neck
it instructs my path to wisdom
and keeps my soul in check
sometimes I want to remove it but I refuse
because it’s more than a trinket I use
it is a reminder of who I am and who I need to be
it sings victory songs and points the way for me
I look at it when my enemy is reaching
I love the necklace of my mother’s teaching

No comments: