Saturday, February 3, 2007

Discipline

Discipline
February 3
Proverbs 3:11-12


My son, do not reject the discipline of the Lord or loathe His reproof. For who the Lord loves He reproves, even as a father corrects the son in who he delights.

At the very least He’ll whoop my misbehaving
though it’ll hurt it’ll be my saving
matter o’ fact it’s happening now
I’ve been out of line but He’s showing me how
How He loves me so He sends me pain
He blocks out sunshine and pours out rain
so I’ll remember not to trespass again
and think twice before I sin

At the most He’ll put me to the test
put me though the fire and take away rest
inflict pain to bring improvement
ensuring my direction of holy movement
it’s scary to think about but it’s true
that He’ll test me but pull me through
He is both firm and tender to the touch
and He gives me both ‘cause He loves me so much

No comments: