Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Shame of Pride

The Shame of Pride
February 11
Proverbs 11:2

When pride comes, then comes dishonor,
but with the humble is wisdom.

With pride not just one is affected
in the end many are infected
by the poison dealt by the one responsible
and communal dishonor is more than probable

In my pride I invite my own shame
but that isn’t the end of the game
pride has a way of dishonoring all involved
and more than the proud need to be absolved

Humility also has a way of spreading
blessings abound in frequent pride shedding
the giver and receiver are blessed the same
and both inherit honor’s name

Today I choose wisdom and humility
for too often has pride overtaken me
too much have I dishonored those I’m near
but humility shall be mine both now and here

No comments: