Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Pulled Aside

Pulled Aside
February 7
Proverbs 7:4-5

Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” and call understanding your intimate friend; that they may keep you from an adulteress,
from the foreigner who flatters with her words.

The adulteress came with beauty and flair
doing her best to make me stare
dropping “come and get me” glances galore
all the way as she walked in the front door
it occurred to me to strike up a conversation
and try to lay a friendly foundation
maybe we could even go talk outside
but my friends quickly pulled me aside
impolite and rather demanding
I was ushered away by wisdom and understanding
my two friends who have my interest in mind
even if it’s something I don’t want to find
my relationship with them is easy to explain
sticking with them keeps me from pain
they keep me grounded when surrounded by birds
and the foreign adulteress with her flattering words

No comments: