Friday, February 9, 2007

Better Unsaid

Better Unsaid
February 9
Proverbs 9:7

He who corrects a scoffer gets dishonor for himself,
and he who reproves a wicked man gets insults for himself.

If someone points out the error of your way
it is best to take it personal and then humbly obey
only fools scoff at those who care to correct
only the wicked insult those who attempt to redirect

I’ve been on both sides I’m sad to say
‘cause there’ve been wise men sent to correct my way
but I have insulted them and thrown it back in their face
forsaking honor it was my disgrace

I too have seen friends pursuing folly’s wrath
and I have attempted to alter their path
but they have scoffed and insulted instead
and I now my words would’ve been better unsaid

It is best to take correction adding light to the eyes
forsaking folly choosing the wise
but correcting a fool issuing countermanding
will be insulting for they delight not in understanding

No comments: